Ayurvedic Center for Panchakarma Therapy Udaipur
According to Ayurveda, good health depends upon our capability to fully metabolize all aspects of life, assimilating that which nourishes and eliminating the rest. When we can’t completely digest our food, experiences, and emotions, toxins accumulate in our bodily tissues which creates diseases. Panchakarma is a time-tested process of removing these stored toxins from the body and finally restores the body’s innate healing ability.
Panchakarma is Ayurveda’s mind –body healing technique. Panchkarma means “five actions” or “five treatments”. In simple words it’s a set of five processes or actions used for the purification of the body.It is a unique programme of deep cleansing,purification,and rejuvenation treatments;detoxifies the body,strengthens the immune system and restores balance. These five processes or treatments are namely, Vamankarma(Therapeutic Emesis),Virechan(Therapeutic purgation), Raktmokshan, Nasyam(Nasal Medication), and Basti(Therapeutic Enema-Oil/Decoction).
These five treatments helps the individual to achieve a balanced state of body, mind, and consciousness through detoxification and rejuvenation. Hence Panchkarma therapies are also called as detoxification and rejuvenation therapies.
Panchakarma therapies removes harmful toxins (also called as Ama in Ayurveda) out of the body through various channels of evacuation (colon, sweat glands, lungs, bladder, urinary tract, stomach, intestines, etc).
Panchkarma is done after Purvakarma therapies and its followed by Pashchaatkarma. Panchakarma processes eliminates the doshas from body via the nearest possible route of elimination. Panchakarma treatment differs from person to person. It is specific to individuals and varies according to your dosha imbalances, age, strength, immunity levels, etc. We recommend Panchkarma on a seasonal basis, as well as when an individual feels out of balance or is experiencing illness. Depending on each individual’s needs all or only parts of the five therapies are utilized.
Ayurvedic Treatment Center for Panchkarma in Udaipur
Any Panchkarma therapy involves 3 phases mainly:
Poorva Karma, Pradhan Karma, Paschaat Karma.
In general Pradhan karma procedures are referred as Panchkarma.
POORVA KARMA The Preparatory Procedure.
It is the preparation of the body for deep cleansing. The physician on the basis of the patient’s constitution decides it.
To prepare the body for main panchkarma purva karma is equally important so that the toxins which need to be eliminated are gathered at a place and thn expelled out with the main therapy ie pradhan karma.
The two procedures done are-
- First, the Digestion Therapy (Pachana), cleans the digestive system of the patient. The cleansing is achieved by the ingestion of various herbs, which stimulate the metabolism, improve the blood circulation and enhance the mental concentration.
- Next, the Oleation Therapy (Snehana), treats the patient's internal as well as the external organs. snehan (oleation or oil massage) is Oiling the body internally and externally. Medicated Oils or ghee are ingested over a period of 3-7 days. Simultaneously, oil is applied to the skin by a variety of massage techniques which makes the superficial and deep tissues soft and supple, , loosens toxins within the system, and flushes the skin's pores, thus helping to remove stress and nourish the nervous system. Taking medicated oil internally helps the toxins to move towards the gastrointestinal tract.
- Finally, the Fomentation Therapy (Svedana),Svedana is steam bath and is given immediately following the snehan. Steam bath makes you sweat it out. The toxins which are made soft in the oleation process become thinner here. The oleation process softens severe and deep-rooted toxins, which are liquefied by fomentation to flush out of the body through sweat eventually. Swedana relieves stiffness, heaviness and cold in the body.
Detoxification procedure or Cleansing Procedure or main Panchkarma procedure.
These procedures are very typically performed & always need a trained Ayurvedic Physician who could assess all the things. However, every patient may not need to undergo each of the procedures listed here.There are the five cleansing treatment methods used for detoxification of the body.
The Herbal Purification (Vamana), is the process of controlled vomiting induced by herbs or drugs. It is the first main purification therapy and is of functional importance to the entire scheme of Panchakarma. The patient is given warm milk, licorice tea, sugar water or buttermilk to drink, after which an emetic is administered to induce vomiting. Vamana purges excess mucus (Kapha dosha) from the body, purifies the body fluids and helps to cure asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis, skin diseases, and obesity. It is very useful in itchy skin conditions, obesity, asthma, acne vulgaris, acidity and high cholesterol levels
The Drug Induced Purgation (Virechana), is the controlled process of excreting solid wastes from the body. Bowel movements are induced by a herbal or drug laxative. Virechana is very usefull in disease of the blood,uncontrolled jaundice,ascitis,constipation, rejuvenates the tissues and organs of the abdomen, improves skin condition and increases immunity.
The Medicated Enema (Basti), is universally regarded as the most important Panchakarma procedure and is useful in various neurological and musculoskeletal problems such as backache, various types of joint pains, Irritating Bowel Syndrome etc Enemas are applied to the rectum, vagina, uretha, or to the cavity of a wound. Basti serves to lubricate the system and alleviate dryness caused by an excess of Vata (air).
.The liquid used for the Basti is either water-based (Niruha and Asthapan Bastis) or oil-based (Anuvasana and Sneha Bastis). Additional elements include herbs, salts, wines, yogurt, and honey. . It is considered the most important process in panchkarma
The Nasal Cleansing (Nasya Karma), involves the cleansing of the nasal passage by the administration of oils, pastes, powders, plant juices, infusions or smoke.. Powders and pastes are applied by hand or with a special apparatus, while smoke is inhaled. Nasya can prevent diseases of the ear, nose, throat, and head, as well as strengthen hair and improve mental functions.
Here, blood is taken out of body from specific regions through different techniques. It is useful in various acute painful and inflammatory conditions along with various blood.
Rakymokshan is indicated in raktavrit vata diseases and said to give instant relief. . Blood-letting stimulates the production of anti-oxidants and pro-immune substances that deactivate or destroy toxins. Blood-letting can assuage eye diseases, headaches, tumors, depression, tremors, gout, and other ailments.
In this process dushit rakt along with vitiated doshas are removed.
Raktmokshan can be done in different ways-
- Siravedha-puncturing a vein for therapeutic purpose.
- prachana-Blood letting through multiple incision in a localised area.
- jalaukaavcharan non toxic leeches are applied at the particular area .patient feels instant relief in skin problems ,high blood pressure etc.
- Alabu cups are applied for blood letting.
It is also called as Follow-up procedure(Samsarjan karm).
The third and last stage of Panchakarma is Paschat karma. It is the follow-up therapies that include diet, medication & lifestyle changes After the proper cleansing , for emesis, and purgation Since Vaman (emesis) and Virechan (purgation), tend to leave an impact on the internal lining of some parts of the digestive tract, a special dietary regimen, controlled physical effort and health-promoting natural herbal remedies are recommended for seven days after completion of the main procedures. This is known as Sansarjan Krama, This supports and enhance the successful effects of the two previous stages of Panchakarma treatments. The following regime is to be followed even after the completion of the course.
- Use only warm water for drinking and bathing.
- Celibacy should be maintained.
- Avoid suppressing the natural urges.
- Must not speak loudly.
- Must avoid anger and anxiety.
- Shouldn’t have direct exposure to sunlight and cold breeze.
- Avoid travelling long distances by vehicle or by walk.
- Avoid contact with smoke and dust.
after properly completion of these procedures, medicated cigars prepared from medicinal powders, are usually smoked; this procedure is known as Dhuma Pana.
BENIFITS OF PANCHKARMA
- Eliminate toxins and toxic conditions from body and mind.
- Restore one’s constitutional balance improving health and wellness.
- Strengthens immune system and one becomes more resistant to illness.
- Reverses the negative effects of stress on the body and mind thereby slowing the aging process.
- Enhance one’s self-reliance, strength, energy, vitality and mental clarity.
- It enhances your strength, energy and mental clarity.
- Panchakarma opens blocked channels in the body.
- It improves the strength of one’s digestive juices.
- Panchakarma rejuvenates your tissues and helps you lose weight.
- It speeds up the metabolism i.e enhances the strength of digestive fire.
- Reduces physical and mental stress.
- Enhances proper digestion.
- Reduces hormonal imbalance.
- Tones up muscles and skin.
- Enhances blood circulation.
For these effects Pancha karma procedures are recommended with each change of the seasons